Micropiles are small diameter piles (typically 12” diameter or less) which can be installed in lieu of traditional piles. Micropiles capacities can range from 7 tons to 300 tons or more depending on the ground conditions, pile size, reinforcement and method of installation. Several micropile types exist to include driven, drilled, pushed, compaction grouted, jet grouted, pressure grouted and/or post grouted. Micropiles can be utilized to address very complex drilling conditions in complicated overburden or to provide options for piling where restricted access or low headroom prevents traditional piling methods.
- Underpinning, Foundations reinforcements in building upgrades, Deep foundations in construction sites, Protection of existing foundations for basement excavation
- Slurry walls in compact spaces
- Slope stabilisation for roads
- Umbrellas for tunnel portals
- Deep foundations
- Foundations in solar and thermosolar plants
- Foundations in wind farms